Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fade

I think this is one of my most descriptive poems ever


Fade

Don’t leave
You can’t go
You never said goodbye
You’re fading
Into the distance
Your body
Getting smaller
And smaller
Till I lose sight
Of you
I wanted you to stay
I hoped you’d never go
And as I lay here
Knowing I won’t ever
See you again
I start to cry
Knowing you always hated
When I cried
But here I am
Crying
Crying for you
You take with you
My smile
My laughter
My voice
My air
My goals
My dreams
My world
I don’t want to think about
Finding all that in
Someone else
There’s only one you
And you’re the only one
I want
Through the ups and downs
The highs and lows
The good and bad
Somewhere between the lines
Between the jokes
Between the hate
Between the fun
I fell in love
In love with you
Now you take
You take my love with you
And as you disappear
Into the distance
So does my love
My love for you

No comments:

Post a Comment